The misuse of alcohol and other drugs can have a damaging impact on individuals, families and communities.
It is important to be aware that suddenly stopping the use of alcohol and other drugs can be dangerous and cause harm. You can discuss your options with a health professional or a drug and alcohol service.
Support services available:
- National Alcohol and Other Drugs Hotline – 1800 250 015. This service is free and offers confidential advice about alcohol and other drugs, offers support, information, counselling and referral to services.
- Family Drug Support – 1300 368 186. This service provides support and information to families, friends and carers of people who have problematic alcohol and other drug use across Australia.
- Stimulant Treatment Line – 1800 101 188. This service is a confidential service offering information, education and counselling around your own or someone else’s stimulant use.
- Counselling Online – Online counselling and support for people with a dependence.
- Opioid Treatment Line: 1800 642 428 (Monday to Friday: 9:30am to 5:00pm). This service provides information, advice and referral to opioid treatment options.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Australia – 1300 222 222
- Narcotics Anonymous Australia – 1300 652 820
- Quitline – 13 78 48
- Sobriety App ‘I am Sober’ is an addiction buddy useful for quitting any activity or substance.