It is voluntary and free to register in MyMedicare.
When you register in MyMedicare, it will notify your general practice that you have chosen them as your regular care team. Additional funding will be available from the government to help them provide the care you need.
MyMedicare patients will have access to:
- greater continuity of care with your registered practice, improving health outcomes
- longer Medicare Benefit Scheme (MBS) funded telehealth consultations with your GP
- triple bulk billing incentive for longer MBS telehealth consultations for children under 16, pensioners, and concession card holders, from 1 November 2023
- more regular visits from your GP and better care planning for people living in a residential aged care home, from August 2024
- connections to more appropriate care in general practice for people who visit hospital frequently, from mid-2024.
If you choose not to register in MyMedicare, you’ll still be able to access the same quality of care from your healthcare providers.
How to Register
When you see your GP next at Doctors of Northcote, get them to assist you in filling out a registration form. By signing the form, you are giving consent to participate in MyMedicare. Practice staff will then complete the registration in the MyMedicare system.