Medicare has made a number of changes to phone consultation rebates from the 1st of July 2021.
The following reasons for booking a phone consultation, that will continue to attract a Medicare rebate, include:
- General healthcare advice
- Sick certificate
- Referral to a specialist
- Referral for pathology or radiology
- Eating disorder treatment plan (review of plan only, not for a new plan)
- Mental health consultation (general discussion)
- Mental health care plan review (review only, not for a new care plan)
For reasons permitted above, your ‘out of pocket’ fee will remain the same as a usual in-clinic appointment.
Please be aware that if you book a phone consultation for a reason that doesn’t attract a Medicare rebate, you will be required to pay the full amount of the consult.